Thursday, May 21, 2009

IM IN LOVE WITH INDIA

I've fallen in love with India and anticipate that coming home to the U.S will be bittersweet. The culture is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I feel like I've gone back in time but in the most amazing way possible. The people here submerse themselves in daily religious ritual which becomes visable everywhere you go. Varanasi has been my favorite city thus far. The city itself is outlined by the Ganges river. I've always said I feel like my soul belongs by the water. Theres something very magical about this place. Our hotel over looks the river which gave rise for the perfect oppurtunity to have breakfest on the balcony yesterday. HEAVEN! Right down the street theres an open market where holymen sit and women sell jewelery. Around 7pm the sun sets a beautiful glow on the entire city. It's site is literally like something straight from a movie. I've taken lots of pictures but none can do justice to actually being here in person. There's a simplicity to life in India. It's a place of peace and very jeweled in spiritual undertone. I wish so much it was more like this in the U.S. However I am greatful for all that I have. I can't wait to expereince more. I can't believe its only day 7. I'll write soon. Untill then NAMASTE

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post!! I didn't have to go beyond the title to know it was yours! You’ve captured the essence of India and seem to be bathing in its peace. JOY to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time. Your blog sent shivers down my spine. India sounds so beautiful. We're living vicariously through you!!! Enjoy your day!

    Pax,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you would bask it all! It sounds perfect and I am soooo happy you are able to experience it to its fullest....I just knew that you would feel that connection and enjoy every minute Your writing is fantastic and it allows me to live this journey through you...love you!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete