Sunday, May 24, 2009

some small observations

So i've been making mental notes of small things I discover each day so I thought i'd share... -Theres millions of little children and everyone here has either got a baby on their hip or a holding a little hand in theirs. But I can't seem to find any pregnant women? -The lines in the street mean absolutly nothing. Cars, bikes, ricksaws, motorcycles all share the same street and go where ever they want on the road. Its like an amusment park ride, if you will, except only in real life. We were all joking the other day, if only our mothers could experience a ricksaw ride, I think they'd all have heartattacks. -Religious life is huge in India which Im absolulty in love with. But the people are mostly, I wouldn't say poor, but not wealthly. So I've come to the realization that because they don't have much, they fill their lives instead with family and religious ritual. Which to me seems like a blessing in disquise because instead on being constantly stressed over money their lives are simple and joyfull. (I believe the love from your family and close friends is all you ever really need) And they deffinatly have that here. -Even the hotel water must been checked. But how crazy is that no one up untill this point has gotten really sick? (knock on wood) I was a little under the weather yesterday, I believe from lack of water, sleep, and the 107 degree heat. A quick nap perked me up and reminding myself that IM IN INDIA always makes me feel better! Love to all that are following me. -Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! It will be neat to see how what you've observed in India translates when you come home. You were all right about the heart attack ride for the mothers. Glad you got a laugh out of that. Sorry to hear you were under the weather for a bit but there is nothing like a good ol' nap! So now my ritual is checking the blog 1st thing each morning. Thanks to everyone for allowing us to share in your tales. Kathyrn mentioned yet another train ride so I'm interested to see where the class goes next. Love and hugs XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. My head is spinning just thinking about that ride! Your observations are very interesting..life seems so much simpler there and it seems that people there appreciate what they have and don't dwell on what they don't have - an important lesson us all - thank you for reminding me today! Love to you - drink and rest and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole ! Heading to NC soon from HAWAII please write , nuevovictory@gmail.com

    India was awesome glad we me there!

    ReplyDelete