Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm going to live here one day

We're in Dharmsala and I feel amazing. As soon as we arrived I felt the energy here was different. There's something in the air that surrounds you in peace. There's snow capped mountains that frame the skyline and tiny cute shops that line the streets. I feel so much like i'm in Ashville or Boone N.C but ten times better. Monks in red robs walk along side us in the streets, all with smiling faces greeting us as we pass. Its also not uncommon to see 90 year old men and women walking up the same huge hills as us. With their walking canes in one hand and prayer beads in the other, you can sense the quality of life here is strong. I said from the moment I arrived "I know I'm going to live here one day." We havn't visited Tong Len yet but i know we when do I'm going to be completly sold. Today however we walked around the Dalai Lama's compound which over looks all of Dharmsala. It was absolutly gorgeous. Thousands of prayer flags are strung beneath the branches of the tree's. Its was explained to me that when the wind blows the prayers on the flags are ment to bless you as you walk by. I'm just so in love. Last night at dinner I was feeling a little bittersweet. Because as excited as I am to be in this amazing town with this amazing group of people I know its almost over. I'm just trying to take it all in and embrace every moment. I can honestly say I'm having the time of my life. I feel so greatful for this experience.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing is impossible so I guess they need nurses in Dharmsala!! Everyone can use a few prayer flags. Don't waste any of your time being sorry for having to leave as it will stay with you wherever you go. I know you are going to fall apart with those kids that are in such need and Tong Len which does so much for them. Your group will bring lots of joy and big smiles to their little faces. Can't wait to hear more. Love and peace to the "amazing" group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    I am so happy for you that you have this wonderful opportunity.
    I am following along on your journey and feel like I am there with you.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like heaven...take it all in!

    ReplyDelete