Sunday, May 24, 2009

A look into India

This is the best picture to show you how Varanasi looks like from the boat tours which we have taken. I have been sick mostly while I have been in Varanasi with an upper respiratory infection, thus I have not been able to get out as much as everyone else. I'm hopeful with my new medication though I'll be back on my feet by the time we reach the North! But let me tell you a bit about India so far... Imagine an India street for instance: take one suborn neighborhood and have all the neighbors dump their trashbens over in the street. Now take all of the neighborhood dogs and switch them out for cows, water buffalos, ox, etc.... Once you have trash and cows walking down the street you pretty much have a mixture for an India street or walkway.. Just watchout for the cow patties! :D But to futher the expereiment our neighborhood would need to buy some ricksaws and everyone must posses at least a bike to get around on! This helps exemplify the controled chaos which one experiences as we all may be riding along in a ricksaw. In India it is a huge game of Chicken, who will be the first car, bike, or ricksaw to get out of the way of the other. However for some reason it works here! We are heading to the train today which is going to be a long trip! So wish us all luck! Thanks for following our blog~
Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I'm hoping that is behind you now. I want you to know I love that photo!! Thanks for posting it. - Nicole's Mom

    ReplyDelete