Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Perfect Day

Today was the day many of use had been looking forward to. Considering Rishikesh is the yoga capital of India we woke up at 6:45 am for yoga on the lawn at 7. I am still the most non-flexible person ever so trying to bend certain ways, maintain my balance and focus on my breathing is challenging for me. I embraced the moment though considering we are in India!
We then had breakfast on the roof of our hotel which over looks the Ganga River as it snakes inbetween the Himalaya Mountains. Such a gorgeous view. A 45 minute Jeep ride up the river was a terrifying experience because we got WAY too close to the edge of the mountain for comfort. The destinatioon was worth the trip! We were going rafting down the Ganga all day. The rapids were big but fun as well. I wasn't much help during the rapids with my lack of paddling and constant screaming. The water was freezing but felt great in the hot sun. We ate lunch on the river and there was a place where we could jump off a cliff in to the river. I conquered my fear of heights and jumped off which I am so glad that I did.
After the long day of rafting I got my first massage which was interesting to say the least. After about 15 minutes I relaxed enough to really enjoy the massage. I think I may just have to get another one tomorrow sometime :)
I can honestly say that I am falling in love with India and know that I will visit this place in years to come. Thanks to everyone who is following me. Love and miss you all. Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. Beauty and terror often co-exist. Sounds like the class is being transformed by the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becs,
    glad you are experiencing all that you can there. Sounds like an amazing experience! I am envious. Enjoy the rest and be safe. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete