Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Prepping for the longest day of my life...literally.

So, I call first dibs on a blog entry! After squeezing about half ton of Dr Maher's supplies for Tong-Len, a dozen or so kites and toys for the kids, and whatever stuff I couldn't bring on the plane into an old cloth Indian bag of Dr Mahers (whose zipper decided to break as soon as we tried to close it, go figure) and then tying up the whole thing in twine just to keep it closed (yeah, I'm getting searched), I'm prepping for the longest day of my life tomorrow, literally. All I have equipped myself for the trip is 4 white tee-shirts, a pair of linen pants, my camera, and my handy-dandy netbook. I figured if you're going to India, indulge and bring as little as possible. Some might see the laptop as overdoing it, but I don't want to lose my mind before I even make it off the plane. I've become a bit too reliant, but hopefully this trip will help with that as well. I've got great expectations, and I'm ready to go nuts with my camera (All of my pictures will be uploaded on my DeviantArt account here), and hopefully post some great pictures for everyone, until then, I'll have fun watching this view for 22 hours or so. (Yeah, I took it in the Rockies; close enough. I'll hope for a better version of the real thing soon.) In the words of the Great Derek Maher himself; see you on the other side. :P

3 comments:

  1. Blair was that picture taken heading to Sin City back in 2008? Haha

    Have a good time bro. Take lots of pictures and make sure you post them up.

    Late
    -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your "Longest Day" ended with a safe arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to see your post. PLEASE keep them coming. We'll be watching! BE SAFE and CAREFUL! We love and miss you.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete